Friday 16 March 2012

Reverse Garbage

An oldie but a goodie (and a personal fave) - I have a soft spot in my heart for Reverse Garbage.

I would visit often whilst a Uni student finding bits to sew on my pants, or materials to use for model making and just to browse, sift and search through all things used and once treasured. Reverse Garbage is a non for profit organisation that sells, as they say: "high quality industrial discards".

This afternoon we were doing some toy rearrangement and sorting and I decided to make this garage (pictured) an outside toy... when I realised I've not posted before on Reverse Garbage! What an oversight... as it's one of my fave places!

We are due for another visit soon. Last time we went, we bought this garage for $5, a roll of white paper and some exfoliating mittens (which we are going to make into hand puppets soon). There is an ever changing array of wonderful things to be bought - from old magazines, paint, wooden stensils, soft fluffy things, all types of materials you can use as craft - and more and more and more... so go, go and GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment